Sygnature’s experienced medicinal chemistry team have a wealth of expertise and a strong track record of delivery in anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-viral drug discovery. Building on this expertise, Sygnature has established an anti-viral screening platform, to facilitate the support of integrated anti-infective discovery programs.
Established anti-viral assays include:
- Cytopathic effect (CPE) screen: test compounds are evaluated for their ability to inhibit virus-induced CPE. Cells are pre-treated with test compounds and infected with the virus of interest. After a virus-specific incubation period, cells are assessed for their viability relative to an untreated virus-only control.
- Neutralization assays: the virus is incubated with test compounds before suitable cells are infected.
- Plaque-reduction neutralization.
- Microneutralization (measurement of cell survival similar to CPE assays).
- Progeny-reduction assays: Cells are incubated with test compounds and infected with the virus of choice. After a virus-specific incubation time the supernatants are harvested and the virus titre is determined using a method suitable for the selected virus (50% Tissue culture Infective Dose (TCID50), plaque assays, immunoplaques).
To complement the range of anti-viral assay available in-house, we also perform host cell cytotoxicity analysis of the compounds to ensure your compound’s efficacy data is meaningful with respect to therapeutic window.