Talent Manager – Nottingham/Alderley Park
Sygnature Discovery is a highly respected, successful, and award-winning provider of fully integrated drug discovery research programmes to the global pharmaceutical industry. Founded in 2004, we now employee over 500 people, operating from our purpose-built facilities in BioCity, Nottingham, and Alderley Park, Cheshire. For further details about us please visit www.sygnaturediscovery.com.
About the role
Sygnature Discovery is looking for an exceptional Talent Manager to join its People team. The successful candidate will drive the Recruitment and Talent agenda in order to help the organisation meets its goals and create meaningful careers for both perspective candidates as well as existing employees. Reporting to the Chief People Officer, the Head of Talent will be part of the People Leadership team and help Sygnature evolve into the next stage of growth.
Principal responsibilities will include:
- Will develop and deliver a Talent Acquisition strategy to meet the growth targets of the business. This will include working on Entry-level strategies including university sponsorship and partnership for graduate, post grad and post doc hiring. Leading on senior and experience hiring and requirements in our non-scientific departments
- Will work with and have supervisory responsibility for the Talent Acquisition team, driving a strong team ethic and capable and recognised contribution to the business by the business.
- Will work with the Department heads to regularly assess and ascertain capability and resourcing requirements.
- Will ensure strong partnerships with externals such as Universities (UK and abroad), preferred suppliers and recruitment agencies
- Will ensure that the Sygnature brand has relevant presence and recognition to help Sygnature be known as an employer of choice to prospective candidates.
- Will work with HRMs on internal processes to help drive succession planning and depth to help a) manage operational risk and b) meaningful career pathing to develop Sygnature as an employer committed to the development of its staff and careers as well as meet emerging and evolving new capabilities in the Corporate Strategy.
- Will develop with the relevant input from resourcing meetings and departmental contacts a workforce plan and annual recruitment requirements, regularly tracking and reporting progress to date on these commitments.
- Will work on actions to improve the Employee Brand of Sygnature and the presence through key channels and media. Partnering with the Marketing Team and key departmental contacts for content.
- Will actively seek ways to continually improve the “arriving” stage of the Sygnature employee life cycle, including Attraction, Selection and Onboarding stages of the lifecycle which helps improve the syganture experience and net promoter score of the company.
- Will tactically manage relevant campaigns and provide options and alternatives if current recruitment practices are not yielding desired results – this includes E2E campaign management – teaser campaigns, job posting, advertising, mapping or pipelining activities, coordination of interview schedules, offer extension and generations including visa administration and Certificate of Sponsorship for non-UK workers, references and pre-employment checks etc
- Will implement and manage relevant KPIs for the Talent function to ensure the company is getting an efficient and timely Talent Acquisition and internal development service
- Supporting the wider HR team when required and involvement in setting the Company People Strategy/Plan and leading on projects as part of the Sygnature People Leadership team.
- Ensure data integrity and reporting as well as compliance with company and local legislative requirements.
Person Specification: to succeed in the role, you will have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Previous experience of Leading a Talent Acquisition Team esp with focus on setting company Talent strategies, Head hunting and direct hiring methods and previous ownership of senior hiring up to Executive level.
- Experience of Talent Development, the development and roll out of succession planning reviews, internal career planning, internal hiring and Support of Talent Development activities.
- Experience in setting, measuring and reporting of KPIs that help drive the function and support business success.
- Previous supervisory experience of leading and developing team members
- Effective written and verbal communication skills – happy working with candidates and colleagues at all levels.
- Methodical and thorough – able to multi-task, organise and prioritise activities in a busy work environment.
- Able to use own initiative to solve problems, and navigate obstacles which arise during the working day. Restlessly curious to question the status quo and find better ways of doing things.
- A great team player who demonstrates a strong work ethic and a commitment to the team’s success.
- Potential for the candidate to grow into the role and develop the role into a true Head of Talent (internal and external, Acquisition and Development)
- Highly computer literate, e.g. Microsoft Office and HR information Systems, ideally experience working with an ATS (Applicant Tracking System)
This is a permanent position and offering an excellent training and benefits package, including a highly competitive salary which is reviewed annually, a bonus scheme, a well-regarded pension scheme, and private medical insurance. All our benefits are tailored to enhancing your experience at Sygnature as it is important to us that you share in our success.
We also recognise that the environment you work in is a priority, so we have built a collaborative and supportive culture with plenty of opportunities to grow and succeed, tailored to individual and business needs. This includes an excellent set of bespoke training and development courses to accelerate both your personal and career growth.
If you are interested in joining a successful and engaged company that places its people at the heart of its business, please apply through the link including the following:
- Your CV,
- a covering letter,
- confirmation of your status of eligibility to work in the UK.
Your application will be submitted through our trusted partners, LogicMelon, although only employees of Sygnature Discovery will review your application and personal data.
We will be interviewing on an ongoing basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible. Initial discussions will be conducted online with final interviews held in our offices in BioCity, Nottingham.
If you have any questions or need further information, please contact the Careers team at email@example.com . Please do not submit your application to this email address.
We look forward to hearing from you.