Synthetic Organic and Medicinal Chemistry Careers (Nottingham)
Scientists & Senior Scientists
Chemists at Sygnature Discovery are at the forefront of our scientific research, driving projects from well-equipped laboratories and solving challenging problems for our clients.
You will be involved in a variety of scientific activities and will have a significant degree of input into any project you work on. As a Scientist you will independently design and implement novel synthetic routes to challenging chemical targets. As a Senior Scientist you will also drive project progress through innovative medicinal chemistry problem solving by designing novel molecular targets to address key project issues.
- At the Scientist level, you are likely to have a PhD in Organic Chemistry or Medicinal Chemistry, or a BSc/MSc in Chemistry with additional drug discovery experience in industry.
- At the Senior Scientist level, you are likely to have additional drug discovery experience gained within a pharmaceutical company or CRO, or substantial relevant post-doctoral study.
- Senior Scientists will also need knowledge of practical laboratory drug discovery techniques. Project leadership experience is also desirable.
- All Scientists will have a passion for medicinal and synthetic chemistry and be confident designing and executing complex synthetic routes in a proactive and efficient manner.
- You will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to work well within a team.
In return you will receive an excellent training and benefits package, including a highly competitive salary which is reviewed annually, a bonus scheme, a well-regarded pension scheme, and private medical insurance. All our benefits are tailored to enhancing your experience at Sygnature as it is important to us that you share in our success.
We also recognise that the environment you work in is a priority, so we have built a collaborative and supportive culture with plenty of opportunities to grow and succeed, tailored to individual and business needs. This includes an excellent set of bespoke training and development courses to accelerate both your scientific and personal career growth.
Sygnature Discovery is a highly respected, successful and award-winning provider of fully integrated drug discovery research programmes to the global pharmaceutical industry. Founded in 2004 with a workforce of six, we now employee over 300 scientists, mainly operating from our purpose-built facilities in BioCity, Nottingham, but also at Alderley Park, Cheshire. As part of our success and continued expansion, we are looking for innovative and enthusiastic chemists to join the organisation.
If you are interested in joining a successful and engaged company that places its people at the heart of its business, please apply through the link above including the following;
1) Your CV,
2) a covering letter that briefly outlines your suitability for the role and your current notice period (if applicable), and
3) confirmation of your status of eligibility to work in the UK (we are able to consider sponsoring potential employees with relevant levels of qualifications and experience under a Tier 2 visa).
Your application will be submitted through our trusted partners, LogicMelon, although only employees of Sygnature Discovery will review your application and personal data.
We will be interviewing on an ongoing basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
If you have any questions or need further information, please contact the Careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not submit your application to this email address.