Statisticians at RenaSci form a core part of our offering to clients and are integral to the research we carry out. They support projects every step of the way, from initial project planning to final data analysis.
As part of our ongoing growth, we are looking for a Statistician to join the team. The ideal candidate will likely have relevant experience built in a similar statistics role, or substantial programming experience with an interest in applying it to statistics. They will have an MSc or PhD with considerable statistical content and computer programming skills. This work is highly specialised and is a key factor in delivering data of the highest quality to our clients. As such, training and development will be a key element for any new member of the statistics team.
Key Skills and Requirements
- A good understanding of statistical modelling and experimental design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to understand scientific concepts and explain statistical concepts to scientists
- Experience in the use of statistical packages (e.g. SAS, R)
- Good computer programming skills in any language, e.g. Excel VBA, SAS/AF, Python
- Highly motivated
- Interest or awareness in AI and IT applications in a pre-clinical setting
- Creativity and curiosity with the ability to learn and apply new concepts quickly
- Ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of scientists and individuals
- An awareness of best practice in the planning of studies and the collation of data in order to meet scientific and ethical considerations
In return, we provide a variety of employee benefits and high-quality training, as well as a competitive salary.
Please include details of your right to work in the UK.