Software Developer (Alderley Park)
As a Software Developer you will work within a small, established team in the informatics group to support our DMPK activities. This is an exciting time to join as we develop our DMPK function to its full capability and install significant enterprise level infrastructure to support its growth.
- You will undertake independent development, defining requirements with internal customers, proposing solutions and developing LIMS applications.
- You will work with the DMPK team to identify user needs, customise and configure of functionality of LIMS
- You will support the development of in-house project management systems
- You will support, update and report against databases
- You will translate functional requirements into design specifications
- You will help to create and maintain application documentation (i.e. user manuals, training documents)
- You will participate in other Informatics related projects, as necessary and assigned.
- You must be comfortable taking on significant technical problems and be able to demonstrate creativity in solving them. This role would suit a self-starter, confident in your own technical abilities
- Exposure to DMPK in a commercial CRO environment would be advantageous
- Experience in developing LIMS systems would be beneficial in addition to working with LC-MS/MS data outputs
- Strong scripting and programming skills in any language, e.g. python, C#, Excel VBA
- Ability to understand and analyse project requirements and translate into programming deliverables
- A solid understanding of relational databases and significant experience with SQL e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, cloud databases.
- Good fluency in at least one major programming language, e.g. PHP, C++ or Python, Ruby
- Good experience in Integrating 3rd part software, HTML Applications, ELN, SDMS, and instrumentation
- Experience of working/programming laboratory automation equipment is preferred.
In return you will receive an excellent training and benefits package, including a highly competitive salary which is reviewed annually, a bonus scheme, a well-regarded pension scheme, and private medical insurance. All our benefits are tailored to enhancing your experience at Sygnature as it is important to us that you share in our success.
We also recognise that the environment you work in is a priority, so we have built a collaborative and supportive culture with plenty of opportunities to grow and succeed, tailored to individual and business needs. This includes an excellent set of bespoke training and development courses to accelerate both your scientific and personal career growth.
Sygnature Discovery is a highly respected, successful and award-winning provider of fully integrated drug discovery research programmes to the global pharmaceutical industry. Founded in 2004 with a workforce of six, we now employee over 300 scientists, mainly operating from our purpose-built facilities in BioCity, Nottingham, but also at Alderley Park, Cheshire. As part of our success and continued expansion, we are looking for innovative and enthusiastic computational chemists to join the organisation.
If you are interested in joining a successful and engaged company that places its people at the heart of its business, please apply through the link including the following;
1) Your CV
2) a covering letter that briefly outlines your suitability for the role and your current notice period (if applicable)
3) confirmation of your status of eligibility to work in the UK (we are able to consider sponsoring potential employees with relevant levels of qualifications and experience under a Tier 2 visa)
Your application will be submitted through our trusted partners, LogicMelon, although only employees of Sygnature Discovery will review your application and personal data.
We will be interviewing on an ongoing basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
If you have any questions or need further information, please contact the Careers team at email@example.com. Please do not submit your application to this email address.