Senior Pharmacologist (Microdialysis) – Nottingham
Sygnature Discovery is a leading independent integrated drug discovery and non-clinical services company. Private equity-backed since 2017, the company operates fully enabled research facilities in Nottingham and Alderley Park, UK, housing nearly 400 research scientists (over 80% of whom hold a PhD), and has an office presence in Cambridge, MA, and South San Francisco, CA, in the USA.
Since 2011, 34 compounds discovered by Sygnature for customers have entered pre-clinical development and, so far, 17 of these have progressed to clinical trials (Phases I, II and III). In 2017, Sygnature Discovery received the prestigious Queen’s Award for Enterprise for International Trade, and in the last year has won both the Medilink Outstanding Achievement Award and the Bionow Company of the Year Award.
About the role
The In Vivo Pharmacology team at Sygnature Discovery play an essential role in supporting and leading integrated client projects as well as delivering specialist assays to complement In Vivo studies. The growing department is looking for talented scientists to push and lead our capabilities even further.
Your tasks as a Senior Scientist within the CNS team will be varied and will involve customer support in planning and reporting of studies, daily operational work conducting in vivo microdialysis studies and expanding the capabilities of the team through the introduction of new technologies.
Principal responsibilities will include;
- Designing and planning in vivo pharmacology studies for CRO clients
- Stereotaxic surgical procedures and administration of substances
- Delivering high quality data and supporting documentation
- Expanding the portfolio of technologies within the microdialysis area
To succeed in the role, you will have the following capabilities and experience;
- A relevant education such as BSc in neuroscience, pharmacology, biology or similar
- Ideally a PhD degree plus experience in industry
- Documented scientific experience within the in vivo neuroscience area in form of publications, talks
- The proven ability and desire to carry out in vivo work (e.g. stereotaxic surgical procedures, administration of substances, behavioural experience)
- HPLC experience advantageous
This is a permanent position and offering an excellent training and benefits package, including a highly competitive salary which is reviewed annually, a bonus scheme, a well-regarded pension scheme, and private medical insurance. All our benefits are tailored to enhancing your experience at Sygnature as it is important to us that you share in our success.
We also recognise that the environment you work in is a priority, so we have built a collaborative and supportive culture with plenty of opportunities to grow and succeed, tailored to individual and business needs. This includes an excellent set of bespoke training and development courses to accelerate both your scientific and personal career growth.
If you are interested in joining a successful and engaged company that places its people at the heart of its business, please apply through the link including the following:
1) Your CV,
2) a covering letter that briefly outlines your suitability for the role and your current notice period (if applicable), and
3) confirmation of your status of eligibility to work in the UK (we are able to consider sponsoring potential employees with relevant levels of qualifications and experience under a Skilled Worker visa).
Your application will be submitted through our trusted partners, LogicMelon, although only employees of Sygnature Discovery will review your application and personal data.
We will be interviewing on an ongoing basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible.
If you have any questions or need further information, please contact the Careers team at email@example.com. Please do not submit your application to this email address.