Senior Informatics Scientist
As a Senior Informatics Scientist, you will work within a small, established team in the informatics group to support our HTS and DMPK activities. This is an exciting time to join as we develop our HTS platform to its full capability and install significant enterprise level infrastructure to support DMPK.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Provide ongoing informatics support to HTS and DMPK activities
- Involvement in the testing and roll out of laboratory automation software.
- Implementation of new protocols in software for HTS and DMPK assays
- Development of advanced reporting tools for data analysis and client reporting.
- Troubleshooting on an ad hoc basis.
You will have good computer and IT skills, but this is still a predominantly scientific role. You must be comfortable taking on significant technical problems and be able to demonstrate creativity in solving them. This role would suit a self-starter, confident in their own technical abilities.
- Degree in Life sciences, with a postgraduate qualification preferred, but not essential
- Strong scripting and programming skills in any language, e.g. python, C#, Excel VBA
- Good knowledge of database technology e.g. SQL
- Familiar with data analysis tools such as using R, Spotfire etc.
- Experience of working/programming laboratory automation equipment preferred.
- Some drug discovery experience in pharma/biotech industry preferred.
In return you will receive an excellent training and benefits package, including a highly competitive salary and pension scheme. All our benefits are tailored to enhancing your experience at Sygnature as it is important to us that you share our success. We also recognise that our environment is paramount, so we foster a collaborative and supportive culture with plenty of opportunities to grow and develop, tailored to individual and business needs.
We are an award-winning provider of fully integrated drug discovery research programmes to the global pharmaceutical industry. Our clients place great value on our highly flexible, transparent and collaborative business model. Our continuing growth has been supported by our move to the Discovery building in spring 2017. This is a purpose-built facility on the BioCity site in the heart of Nottingham, and as part of our success and continued expansion, we are looking for innovative and enthusiastic computational chemists to join the organisation.
If you are interested in joining a successful, engaged and award-winning company that places its people at the heart of its business, please apply through the link below including the following;
- Covering letter (briefly outlining your suitability for the role)
- Confirmation of your status of eligibility to work in the UK (we have the ability to sponsor employees under a Tier 2 visa)
You will submit your application through our trusted partners, LogicMelon. Please be assured that only employees of Sygnature Discovery will review your application and personal data.
If you have any questions, please contact the Careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not submit your application to this email address.