Senior Informatics Scientist
Senior Informatics Scientist
As a Senior Informatics Scientist, you will work within a small, established team in the informatics group to support our drug discovery projects. This is an exciting role to work with both clients and Sygnature scientists on establishing smooth informatics solutions to support drug discovery data platforms and procedures.
Principal responsibilities will include;
- Provide ongoing informatics support for clients on drug discovery projects
- Provide support for chemists, biologists and DMPK scientists on simplifying data handling processes
- Specification and development of informatics solutions as required by the business need
- Maintain awareness of new technology and how it may impact drug discovery informatics
Key Requirements / Experience;
You must be comfortable taking on significant technical problems and be able to demonstrate creativity in solving them. This role would suit a self-starter, confident in their own technical abilities.
- A solid understanding of relational databases and significant experience with SQL and/ or NoSQL
- Strong scripting or programming skills in any language, e.g. Python, C#
- Experience in informatics, cheminformatics or a scientific computing role
- A degree in Chemistry/ Biology and a further qualification in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Data Lake development experience
- AWS or Azure Cloud management skills
- Familiarity with Dotmatics and PerkinElmer informatics platforms
- Cheminformatics and Bioinformatics knowledge
- Experience gained in a CRO, biotech or pharma environment would be advantageous
In return you will receive an excellent training and benefits package, including a highly competitive salary which is reviewed annually, a bonus scheme, a well-regarded pension scheme, and private medical insurance. All our benefits are tailored to enhancing your experience at Sygnature as it is important to us that you share in our success.
We also recognise that the environment you work in is a priority, so we have built a collaborative and supportive culture with plenty of opportunities to grow and succeed, tailored to individual and business needs. This includes an excellent set of bespoke training and development courses to accelerate both your scientific and personal career growth.
Sygnature Discovery is a highly respected, successful, and award-winning provider of fully integrated drug discovery research programmes to the global pharmaceutical industry. Founded in 2004 with a workforce of six, we now employ over 400 scientists, mainly operating from our purpose-built facilities in BioCity, Nottingham, but also at Alderley Park, Cheshire. As part of our success and continued expansion, we are looking for innovative and enthusiastic DMPK scientists to join the organisation.
If you are interested in joining a successful and engaged company that places its people at the heart of its business, please apply through the link including the following;
1) Your CV,
2) a covering letter that briefly outlines your suitability for the role and your current notice period (if applicable), and
3) confirmation of your status of eligibility to work in the UK (we are able to consider sponsoring potential employees with relevant levels of qualifications and experience under a Tier 2 visa).
Your application will be submitted through our trusted partners, LogicMelon, although only employees of Sygnature Discovery will review your application and personal data.
We will be interviewing on an ongoing basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
If you have any questions or need further information, please contact the Careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not submit your application to this email address.