Senior Computational Chemist
Computational Chemists at Sygnature Discovery are at the forefront of our scientific research, driving projects with the latest scientific software and cloud-based technology, solving challenging problems for our clients.
You will be involved in a variety of scientific activities and will have a significant degree of input into any project you work on. As a Computational Chemist you will focus on lead generation and lead optimisation.
- You will have a PhD in computational chemistry or a related discipline
- You will have carried out structure based design – docking and ligand optimisation. Experience of working on fragment based design projects would be an advantage.
- You will have experience Ligand based design – SAR analysis of project data sets and calculation of ADME/Tox relevant properties. This would also include core replacement work and focussed library design.
- You will have carried our virtual screening – using protein x-ray structures and a variety of a ligand based methods such as shape and fingerprint based technologies.
- Protein sequence analysis and homology modelling – experience of multiple sequence alignment and homology modelling experience across numerous protein classes, including GPCRs, would be an advantage.
- Familiarity with data pipelining tools and an ability to script in python preferred.
- A drug discovery background gained within a pharmaceutical company or a CRO is preferable.
In return you will receive an excellent training and benefits package, including a highly competitive salary and pension scheme. All our benefits are tailored to enhancing your experience at Sygnature as it is important to us that you share our success. We also recognise that our environment is paramount, so we foster a collaborative and supportive culture with plenty of opportunities to grow and develop, tailored to individual and business needs.
We are an award-winning provider of fully integrated drug discovery research programmes to the global pharmaceutical industry. Our clients place great value on our highly flexible, transparent and collaborative business model. Our continuing growth has been supported by our move to the Discovery building in spring 2017. This is a purpose-built facility on the BioCity site in the heart of Nottingham, and as part of our success and continued expansion, we are looking for innovative and enthusiastic organic and medicinal chemists to join the organisation.
If you are interested in joining a successful, engaged and award-winning company that places its people at the heart of its business, please apply online using the form in the left side-bar, including;
- Covering letter (briefly outlining your suitability for the role)
- Confirmation of your status of eligibility to work in the UK
- Please include reference SW1018 in your application / cover letter