Senior Bioscientist – Biophysics (Nottingham)
Bioscientists at Sygnature Discovery play an essential role in supporting integrated client projects as well as delivering specialist biophysical and cell imaging assays. The growing department is looking for talented bioscientists with experience in a range of biophysical techniques to push and lead our capabilities even further.
As a Bioscientist you will join a dynamic department actively discovering new drugs for a broad range of projects, molecular targets and therapeutic indications.
- Ideally you will have a PhD in biophysics, biochemistry, pharmacology, or a related discipline
- You will have knowledge and demonstrated experience of one or more biophysics techniques (e.g., surface plasmon resonance, microscale thermophoresis, thermal shift) and their application to drug discovery
- A strong scientific track record with experience of biophysics built within a drug discovery environment is highly desirable
- Ability to develop novel biophysics-based assays from first principles and interpret and trouble shoot complex biophysics data and protocols
- A working knowledge of current trends in drug discovery
- Ability to work independently and as part of a larger team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to present complex scientific ideas and datasets to key stakeholders
In return you will receive an excellent training and benefits package, including a highly competitive salary which is reviewed annually, a bonus scheme, a well-regarded pension scheme, and private medical insurance. All our benefits are tailored to enhancing your experience at Sygnature as it is important to us that you share in our success.
We also recognise that the environment you work in is a priority, so we have built a collaborative and supportive culture with plenty of opportunities to grow and succeed, tailored to individual and business needs. This includes an excellent set of bespoke training and development courses to accelerate both your scientific and personal career growth.
Sygnature Discovery is a highly respected, successful and award-winning provider of fully integrated drug discovery research programmes to the global pharmaceutical industry. Founded in 2004 with a workforce of six, we now employee over 300 scientists, mainly operating from our purpose-built facilities in BioCity, Nottingham, but also at Alderley Park, Cheshire. As part of our success and continued expansion, we are looking for innovative and enthusiastic bioscientists to join the organisation.
If you are interested in joining a successful and engaged company that places its people at the heart of its business, please apply through the link below including the following;
1) Your CV,
2) a covering letter that briefly outlines your suitability for the role and your current notice period (if applicable)
3) confirmation of your status of eligibility to work in the UK (we are able to consider sponsoring potential employees with relevant levels of qualifications and experience under a Tier 2 visa)
Your application will be submitted through our trusted partners, LogicMelon, although only employees of Sygnature Discovery will review your application and personal data.
We will be interviewing on an ongoing basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
If you have any questions or need further information, please contact the Careers team at email@example.com. Please do not submit your application to this email address.