Scientists & Senior Scientists (Synthetic Organic & Medicinal Chemistry)
Chemists at Sygnature Discovery are at the forefront of our scientific research, driving projects from well-equipped laboratories and solving challenging problems for our clients.
You will be involved in a variety of scientific activities and will have a significant degree of input into any project you work on. As a Scientist you will independently design and implement novel synthetic routes to challenging chemical targets. As a Senior Scientist you will also drive project progress through innovative medicinal chemistry problem solving by designing novel molecular targets to address key project issues.
- At the Scientist level, you are likely to have a PhD in Organic Chemistry or Medicinal Chemistry, or a BSc/MSc in Chemistry with additional drug discovery experience in industry.
- At the Senior Scientist level, you are likely to have additional drug discovery experience gained within a pharmaceutical company or CRO, or substantial relevant post-doctoral study.
- Senior Scientists will also need knowledge of practical laboratory drug discovery techniques. Project leadership experience is also desirable.
- All Scientists will have a passion for medicinal and synthetic chemistry and be confident designing and executing complex synthetic routes in a proactive and efficient manner.
- You will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to work well within a team.
In return you will receive an excellent training and benefits package, including a highly competitive salary and pension scheme. All our benefits are tailored to enhancing your experience at Sygnature as it is important to us that you share our success. We also recognise that our environment is paramount, so we foster a collaborative and supportive culture with plenty of opportunities to grow and develop, tailored to individual and business needs.
We are an award-winning provider of fully integrated drug discovery research programmes to the global pharmaceutical industry. Our clients place great value on our highly flexible, transparent and collaborative business model. Our continuing growth has been supported by our move to the Discovery building in spring 2017. This is a purpose-built facility on the BioCity site in the heart of Nottingham, and as part of our success and continued expansion, we are looking for innovative and enthusiastic chemists to join the organisation.
If you are interested in joining a successful, engaged and award-winning company that places its people at the heart of its business, please apply through the link below including the following;
- Covering letter (briefly outlining your suitability for the role)
- Confirmation of your status of eligibility to work in the UK (we have the ability to sponsor employees under a Tier 2 visa)
You will submit your application through our trusted partners, LogicMelon. Please be assured that only employees of Sygnature Discovery will review your application and personal data.
If you have any questions, please contact the Careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not submit your application to this email address.