Principal Scientist (Bioscience)
Bioscientists at Sygnature Discovery play an essential role in supporting integrated client projects as well as delivering specialist biophysical and cell imaging assays. The growing department is looking for talented senior bioscientists to lead bioscience teams within our integrated drug discovery projects.
As a Principal Bioscientist you will join a dynamic department actively discovering new drugs for a broad range of projects, molecular targets and therapeutic indications.
- Ideally you will have a PhD in pharmacology, biochemistry or a related discipline
- Strong scientific track record; solid experience built within a drug discovery environment is essential
- Demonstrated bioscience project leadership experience within small molecule drug discovery projects
- An in-depth knowledge of current trends in one of oncology, immuno-oncology, neuroscience or inflammatory disease therapeutic areas
- Significant knowledge of a broad range of bioscience related disciplines (enzymology, biophysics, cell biology, pharmacology) and their application to drug discovery
- Demonstrated experience in line management and development of junior scientists
- Ability to work independently and as part of a larger team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to present complex scientific ideas and datasets to key stakeholders
In return you will receive an excellent training and benefits package, such as a highly competitive salary, relocation support and pension scheme. All our benefits are tailored to enhancing your experience at Sygnature as it is important to us that you share our success. We also recognise that our environment is paramount, so we foster a collaborative and supportive culture with plenty of opportunities to grow and develop, tailored to individual and business needs. In Bioscience there are potential development opportunities for leading therapeutic area knowledge, scientific technical platforms and multi-discipline drug discovery projects.
We are an award-winning provider of fully integrated drug discovery research programmes to the global pharmaceutical industry. Our clients place great value on our highly flexible, transparent and collaborative business model. Our continuing growth has been supported by our recent move to the Discovery building in spring 2017. This is a brand-new purpose-built facility on the BioCity site in the heart of Nottingham, and as part of our success and continued expansion, we are looking for innovative and enthusiastic scientists to join the organisation.
If you are interested in joining a successful, engaged and award-winning company that places its people at the heart of its business, please apply online using the form in the left side-bar, including;
- Covering letter (briefly outlining your suitability for the role)
- Confirmation of your status of eligibility to work in the UK