Scientists & Senior Bioscientists – Nottingham
Bioscientists at Sygnature Discovery play an essential role in supporting and leading integrated preclinical drug discovery projects in collaboration with external clients. The growing department is looking for talented bioscientists across seniority levels to push and lead our capabilities even further
As a Bioscientist you will join a dynamic department actively discovering new drugs for a broad range of molecular targets using diverse and industry-leading technical capabilities. Prior experience in drug discovery environments is highly desirable but not essential since full training is provided to allow you to develop key skills required for robust early-stage drug discovery in an integrated industrial environment.
- A PhD, or equivalent practical experience, in a relevant biological science and a keen interest in preclinical drug discovery and the application of translational research
- Desirable technical skills include those relating to research in subject areas such as pharmacology, biochemistry, enzymology, biophysics, or cell biology
- A demonstrated acumen for high-quality scientific research and an ability to apply robust scientific method to develop novel assays from first principles and interpret complex biological data
- The ability to actively participate in progressing projects as part of interdisciplinary drug discovery teams using excellent communication skills to present complex scientific ideas and datasets to key stakeholders
- For Senior Bioscientist roles project and line management experience is desirable with the additional expectation of significant experience gained from working on projects with tangible drug discovery emphasis
In return you will receive an excellent training and benefits package, including a highly competitive salary which is reviewed annually, a bonus scheme, a well-regarded pension scheme, and private medical insurance. All our benefits are tailored to enhancing your experience at Sygnature as it is important to us that you share in our success.
We also recognise that the environment you work in is a priority, so we have built a collaborative and supportive culture with plenty of opportunities to grow and succeed, tailored to individual and business needs. This includes an excellent set of bespoke training and development courses to accelerate both your scientific and personal career growth.
Sygnature Discovery is a highly respected, successful and award-winning provider of fully integrated drug discovery research programmes to the global pharmaceutical industry. Founded in 2004 with a workforce of six, we now employ over 400 scientists, mainly operating from our purpose-built facilities in BioCity, Nottingham, but also at Alderley Park, Cheshire. As part of our success and continued expansion, we are looking for innovative and enthusiastic bioscientists to join the organisation.
If you are interested in joining a successful and engaged company that places its people at the heart of its business, please apply through the link including the following;
1) Your CV,
2) a covering letter that briefly outlines your suitability for the role and your current notice period (if applicable)
3) confirmation of your status of eligibility to work in the UK (we are able to consider sponsoring potential employees with relevant levels of qualifications and experience under a Skilled Worker visa)
Your application will be submitted through our trusted partners, LogicMelon, although only employees of Sygnature Discovery will review your application and personal data.
We will be interviewing on an ongoing basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
If you have any questions or need further information, please contact the Careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not submit your application to this email address.