Scientist & Senior Bioscientists – Alderley Park
Bioscientists at Sygnature Discovery play an essential role in supporting and leading integrated client projects as well as delivering specialist biophysical and cell imaging assays. The growing department is looking for talented bioscientists across seniority levels to push and lead our capabilities even further.
As a Bioscientist you will join a dynamic department actively discovering new drugs for a broad range of projects, molecular targets and therapeutic indications.
- Ideally you will have a PhD in pharmacology, biochemistry or a related discipline
- A strong scientific track record with experience built within a drug discovery environment is highly desirable
- A working knowledge of current trends in drug discovery
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience of a broad range of bioscience related disciplines (enzymology, biophysics, cell biology, pharmacology) and their application to drug discovery
- Ability to develop novel assays from first principles and interpret complex biological datasets
- Ability to work independently and as part of a larger team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to present complex scientific ideas and datasets to key stakeholders
- Project and line management experience for senior roles
In return you will receive an excellent training and benefits package, including a highly competitive salary which is reviewed annually, a bonus scheme, a well-regarded pension scheme, and private medical insurance. All our benefits are tailored to enhancing your experience at Sygnature as it is important to us that you share in our success.
We also recognise that the environment you work in is a priority, so we have built a collaborative and supportive culture with plenty of opportunities to grow and succeed, tailored to individual and business needs. This includes an excellent set of bespoke training and development courses to accelerate both your scientific and personal career growth.
Sygnature Discovery is a highly respected, successful, and award-winning provider of fully integrated drug discovery research programmes to the global pharmaceutical industry. Founded in 2004 with a workforce of six, we now employ over 300 scientists, mainly operating from our purpose-built facilities in BioCity, Nottingham.
Having successfully established a DMPK lab at Alderley Park at the end of 2018, Sygnature is now building upon this by opening a Bioscience department at the same site. Work is ongoing to develop the lab space and necessary equipment, but our most vital resource will be our people.
If you are interested in joining a successful and engaged company that places its people at the heart of its business, please apply through the link including the following;
1) Your CV,
2) a covering letter that briefly outlines your suitability for the role and your current notice period (if applicable)
3) confirmation of your status of eligibility to work in the UK (we are able to consider sponsoring potential employees with relevant levels of qualifications and experience under a Tier 2 visa)
Your application will be submitted through our trusted partners, LogicMelon, although only employees of Sygnature Discovery will review your application and personal data.
We will be interviewing on an ongoing basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
If you have any questions or need further information, please contact the Careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not submit your application to this email address.