Principal Scientist – In vitro Neuroscience
Bioscientists at Sygnature Discovery play an essential role in supporting and leading integrated client projects as well as delivering specialist biophysical and cell imaging assays. The growing Bioscience department is looking for a talented Principal Scientist to drive the development of our in vitro neuroscience capabilities, manage bioscience teams, and lead integrated drug discovery projects.
As a Principal Scientist you will join a dynamic department actively discovering new drugs for a broad range of projects, molecular targets and therapeutic indications. A primary responsibility of the role will be to drive drug discovery capability development and business growth in the neuroscience therapeutic area.
- Ideally, you will have a PhD in neuroscience or a closely related discipline
- A sound understanding of neurodegenerative disorders
- A strong scientific track record within in vitro neuroscience and solid experience of small molecule discovery and profiling built within neuroscience drug discovery programs is essential
- Proven ability to identify and drive implementation of new methodologies pertinent to in vitro neuroscience-based drug discovery
- Demonstrated project and team leadership experience within small molecule drug discovery projects
- Significant knowledge and expertise in a broad range of in vitro neuroscience-specific assay methodologies and technologies relevant to pathogenic mechanisms occurring in neurodegeneration, for example mitochondrial dysfunction, oxidative stress, protein degradation, aggregation etc
- Experience of isolating, purifying and maintaining primary neurons, glia, and astrocytes
- Ideally experience of handling neuronal progenitor cells, iPSCs, and experience of organotypic slice cultures
- Demonstrated experience in line management and development of junior scientists
- Ability to work independently and as part of a larger team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to present complex scientific ideas and datasets to key stakeholders
In return you will receive an excellent training and benefits package, including a highly competitive salary which is reviewed annually, a bonus scheme, a well-regarded pension scheme, and private medical insurance. All our benefits are tailored to enhancing your experience at Sygnature as it is important to us that you share in our success.
We also recognise that the environment you work in is a priority, so we have built a collaborative and supportive culture with plenty of opportunities to grow and succeed, tailored to individual and business needs. This includes an excellent set of bespoke training and development courses to accelerate both your scientific and personal career growth.
Sygnature Discovery is a highly respected, successful and award-winning provider of fully integrated drug discovery research programmes to the global pharmaceutical industry. Founded in 2004 with a workforce of six, we now employee over 400 scientists, mainly operating from our purpose-built facilities in BioCity, Nottingham, but also at Alderley Park, Cheshire. As part of our success and continued expansion, we are looking for innovative and enthusiastic bioscience leaders to join the organisation.
If you are interested in joining a successful and engaged company that places its people at the heart of its business, please apply through the link including the following;
1) Your CV,
2) a covering letter that briefly outlines your suitability for the role and your current notice period (if applicable)
3) confirmation of your status of eligibility to work in the UK (we are able to consider sponsoring potential employees with relevant levels of qualifications and experience under a Skilled Worker)
Your application will be submitted through our trusted partners, LogicMelon, although only employees of Sygnature Discovery will review your application and personal data.
We will be interviewing on an ongoing basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
If you have any questions or need further information, please contact the Careers team at email@example.com. Please do not submit your application to this email address.