PK/PD Senior Scientist (Alderley Park or Nottingham)
Scientists within the DMPK department at Sygnature Discovery play an essential role in supporting client projects. We are looking for an experience PK/PD scientist to further support our capabilities in this area.
- You will design and execute discovery studies to understand the pharmacokinetics (PK) and absorption, metabolism, distribution, and excretion (ADME) of drug candidates.
- You will aid in the analysis, interpretation, integration and reporting of discovery DMPK data generated.
- Provide PK/PD modelling input to support drug discovery projects.
- You will independently apply basic DMPK scientific principles, attend scientific meetings, and keep abreast of DMPK literature.
- Where appropriate, you will represent DMPK as the subject matter expert on Sygnature Discovery’s client project teams.
- Where appropriate, you will assist junior level scientists with experimental design and troubleshooting.
- Where appropriate, you will support business development activities.
Experience / Requirements;
- You will have a B.Sc., M.Sc. and/or Ph.D. in pharmaceutical sciences, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related disciplines with knowledge of absorption, distribution and drug metabolism
- You will have a good understanding of pharmacokinetics and PK/PD.
- You will have experience of using modelling packages (e.g. Phoenix WinNonlin) or other relevant software for non-compartmental and compartmental analysis of PK data would be beneficial
- You will have some awareness of predicting human pharmacokinetics and dose.
- You will have some experience in working with cross functional project teams to support drug discovery and/or pre-clinical development.
- You will have some biotech and/or pharmaceutical industry experience in discovery DMPK.
- You will have outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
In return you will receive an excellent training and benefits package, including a highly competitive salary and pension scheme. All our benefits are tailored to enhancing your experience at Sygnature as it is important to us that you share our success. We also recognise that our environment is paramount, so we foster a collaborative and supportive culture with plenty of opportunities to grow and develop, tailored to individual and business needs.
We are an award-winning provider of fully integrated drug discovery research programmes to the global pharmaceutical industry. Our clients place great value on our highly flexible, transparent and collaborative business model.
If you are interested in joining a successful, engaged and award-winning company that places its people at the heart of its business, please apply through the link below including the following;
- Covering letter (briefly outlining your suitability for the role)
- Confirmation of your status of eligibility to work in the UK (we have the ability to sponsor employees under a Tier 2 visa)
You will submit your application through our trusted partners, LogicMelon. Please be assured that only employees of Sygnature Discovery will review your application and personal data.
If you have any questions, please contact the Careers team at email@example.com. Please do not submit your application to this email address.