Pharmacology Project Leader (Metabolic Disorders)
Sygnature Discovery is a leading independent integrated drug discovery and non-clinical services company. Private equity-backed since 2017, the company operates fully enabled research facilities in Nottingham and Alderley Park, UK, housing nearly 400 research scientists (over 80% of whom hold a PhD), and has an office presence in Cambridge, MA, and South San Francisco, CA, in the USA.
Since 2011, 34 compounds discovered by Sygnature for customers have entered pre-clinical development and, so far, 17 of these have progressed to clinical trials (Phases I, II and III). In 2017, Sygnature Discovery received the prestigious Queen’s Award for Enterprise for International Trade, and in the last year has won both the Medilink Outstanding Achievement Award and the Bionow Company of the Year Award.
About the role
Sygnature Discovery is seeking an experienced Project Leader to join our In Vivo Pharmacology group in the Metabolic area. Based at our facility at BioCity Nottingham, the In Vivo Pharmacology group currently consists of >40 highly trained staff. The group delivers high quality pharmacology studies in the areas of CNS, Metabolic (obesity, diabetes), Fibrosis (NASH, CKD, DKD), Oncology, and DMPK. We are specifically looking for an experienced Project Leader who takes ownership and can navigate and collaborate in an energetic and entrepreneurial organization, and who is ready to set ambitious high standards for the output of the group.
Sygnature Discovery is a rapidly growing Contract Research Organisation (CRO). We have a track record for delivering high quality data to a growing number of clients working in the drug discovery space from early target discovery efforts to IND enabling studies. In the In Vivo Pharmacology Group our workdays can be quite dynamic with rapid changes, which means flexibility and supporting and assisting team members is essential.
At Sygnature Discovery, we strongly believe in advancing science by continuously testing our hypotheses and trying to answer questions by conducting thorough scientific studies in the laboratory. As a Senior Scientist in our In Vivo Pharmacology group at Sygnature Discovery, you are supporting this vision by taking ownership in developing and creating high quality data.
Your tasks as a Project Leader will be varied and will mainly be split between customer support in planning and reporting of studies, daily operational work related to the conduction of in vivo studies and building capabilities. The tasks include:
- Design, execute, and report in vivo pharmacology studies for CRO clients
- Lead and develop a technical team of laboratory and animal technicians and junior scientists
- Deliver high quality data and supporting documentation
- Optimize current methods towards automatisation with your passion for data
- Maintain and develop the portfolio of in vivo models in the metabolic area
- Participate in the selection and implementation of state-of-the art technologies for research
Desired skills and qualifications:
- Relevant education such as an MSc in (vet) medicine, pharmacy, biology, molecular biology, or similar
- A PhD degree plus experience equivalent to 5 years in industry
- Documented scientific experience within the metabolic area in form of publications, talks, lectures
- Experience with metabolic phenotyping, body composition analysis and determination of energy content would be an advantage
- Strong analytical and logistical skills
- Great collaborative skills and the ability to take action and execute tasks
In return you will receive an excellent training and benefits package, including a highly competitive salary which is reviewed annually, a bonus scheme, a well-regarded pension scheme, and private medical insurance. All our benefits are tailored to enhancing your experience at Sygnature as it is important to us that you share in our success.
We also recognise that the environment you work in is a priority, so we have built a collaborative and supportive culture with plenty of opportunities to grow and succeed, tailored to individual and business needs. This includes an excellent set of bespoke training and development courses to accelerate both your scientific and personal career growth.
Sygnature Discovery is a highly respected, successful and award-winning provider of fully integrated drug discovery research programmes to the global pharmaceutical industry. Founded in 2004 with a workforce of six, we now employ over 400 scientists, mainly operating from our purpose-built facilities in BioCity, Nottingham, but also at Alderley Park, Cheshire. As part of our success and continued expansion, we are looking for innovative and enthusiastic bioscience leaders to join the organisation.
If you are interested in joining a successful and engaged company that places its people at the heart of its business, please apply through the link including the following;
1) Your CV,
2) a covering letter that briefly outlines your suitability for the role and your current notice period (if applicable)
3) confirmation of your status of eligibility to work in the UK (we are able to consider sponsoring potential employees with relevant levels of qualifications and experience under a Skilled Worker visa)
Your application will be submitted through our trusted partners, LogicMelon, although only employees of Sygnature Discovery will review your application and personal data.
We will be interviewing on an ongoing basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
If you have any questions or need further information, please contact the Careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not submit your application to this email address.