Metabolite Identification Specialist: Senior/Principal Scientist (DMPK) – Nottingham
This growing department is looking for an experienced Senior/Principal scientist proficient in metabolite identification.
You will join a dynamic department actively discovering new drugs for a broad range of projects, molecular targets and therapeutic indications.
- Expertise in the identification and structural elucidation of drug metabolites from in vitro and in vivo
- To plan and conduct metabolite identification studies from both in vitro and in vivo studies to ensure that the study and level of detail will meet the client’s needs.
- Provide expert support to Sygnature Project Teams and/or clients as required to plan the study or discuss the results.
- To be involved in the scheduling and planning of the studies.
- Develop chromatographic methods for compounds that maximise the separation of parent and metabolites as required using both mass spectrometric and UV detection for a wide range of chemical entities.
- Ability to trouble-shoot bioanalytical measurements supporting in vitro and in vivo DMPK assays.
- Support day-to-day running of the laboratory ensuring efficient operation of the LC-MS/MS systems including troubleshooting problems, preventative maintenance and system performance checks.
- Build strong, effective working relationships with the internal team and clients where applicable.
- To train and mentor less experienced team members in the use of LC-MS either for quantitative or qualitative analysis.
- Significant experience in the structural elucidation of drug metabolites from both in vitro and in vivo metabolism studies.
- Significant/extensive experience primarily in the use of high resolution mass spectrometers for structural elucidation but also with triple quadrupoles.
- Experienced at preventative maintenance and troubleshooting problems.
- Experience in developing suitable chromatographic methods for metabolite identification for a wide range of chemistries using UHPLC.
- Expertise in bioanalytical method development supporting in vitro and in vivo
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with a good attention to detail.
- Flexible approach to work, able to deal with changing priorities and deadlines.
- , MSc. and/or PhD. in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related disciplines.
- Strategic awareness and understanding and application of the bioanalytical support in drug discovery
In return you will receive an excellent training and benefits package, including a highly competitive salary which is reviewed annually, a bonus scheme, a well-regarded pension scheme, and private medical insurance. All our benefits are tailored to enhancing your experience at Sygnature as it is important to us that you share in our success.
We also recognise that the environment you work in is a priority, so we have built a collaborative and supportive culture with plenty of opportunities to grow and succeed, tailored to individual and business needs. This includes an excellent set of bespoke training and development courses to accelerate both your scientific and personal career growth.
Since 2011, 34 compounds discovered by Sygnature for customers have entered pre-clinical development. So far, 17 of these have progressed to clinical trials (Phases I, II and III). In 2017, Sygnature Discovery received the prestigious Queen’s Award for Enterprise for International Trade, in 2020 the Medilink Outstanding Achievement Award, and in 2021 the Bionow Company of the Year Award.
If you’re interested in joining a company that places people at the heart of its business, please apply through the link and include:
- Your CV
- A covering letter that briefly outlines your suitability for the role and your current notice period (if applicable)
- Confirmation of your status of eligibility to work in the UK (we can consider sponsoring potential employees with relevant levels of qualifications and experience under a Skilled Worker visa).
Your application will be submitted through our trusted partners, LogicMelon, but only employees of Sygnature Discovery will review your application and personal data.
We will be interviewing on an ongoing basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
If you have any questions or need further information, please contact the Careers team at email@example.com. Please do not submit your application to this email address.