Laboratory Technician – Nottingham
Laboratory Technicians at Sygnature Discovery play a pivotal role in supporting our scientists, ensuring they have the resources they need to carry out scientific research within our well-equipped and cutting-edge laboratories. Whilst this role does not offer a route into a scientific position, it is a fantastic opportunity for a highly enthusiastic and motivated individual to join our Laboratory Technician team in their efforts to support the successful day-to-day running of our Nottingham laboratories.
You will primarily assist in;
- The receipt and distribution of supplies
- Stock control and waste management
- The preparation of media samples
- The decontamination of laboratory equipment
- The general administration of systems
To succeed in the role, you will have:
- A can-do, enthusiastic work attitude
- The ability to work to deadlines in a safe and efficient manner
- The ability to prioritise tasks
- Great attention to detail
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work well within a team
- A good working knowledge of mathematics and IT
- Previous laboratory experience would be advantageous but is not essential as full training will be provided
All our benefits are tailored to enhancing your experience at Sygnature as it is important to us that you share in our success. You will receive an excellent training and benefits package, including a highly competitive salary which is reviewed annually, a bonus scheme, a well-regarded pension scheme, and private medical insurance. We also recognise that the environment you work in is a priority, so we have built a supportive culture in a company that values its employees and supports them to achieve to the best of their potential.
Sygnature Discovery is a highly respected, successful and award-winning provider of fully integrated drug discovery research programmes to the global pharmaceutical industry. Founded in 2004 with a workforce of six, we now employ over 300 scientists, mainly operating from our purpose-built facilities in BioCity, Nottingham. We also have operations at Alderley Park, Cheshire. We undertake hit identification, hit-to-lead and lead optimisation projects and complete drug discovery programmes. For further details please visit www.sygnaturediscovery.com.
If you are interested in joining a successful and engaged company that places its people at the heart of its business, please apply through the link above including the following;
1) Your CV,
2) a covering letter that briefly outlines your suitability for the role and your current notice period (if applicable), and
3) confirmation of your status of eligibility to work in the UK
Your application will be submitted through our trusted partners, LogicMelon, although only employees of Sygnature Discovery will review your application and personal data.
We will be interviewing on an ongoing basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
If you have any questions or need further information, please contact the Careers team at email@example.com. Please do not submit your application to this email address.