IT Support Technician
A fantastic development opportunity in a small but expanding IT team.
Sygnature Discovery is an award-winning provider of fully integrated drug discovery research programmes to the global pharmaceutical industry. We work in all stages of drug discovery, from hit identification, hit-to-lead and lead optimisation projects as well as actively engaging in complete and multi-disciplinary drug discovery programmes.
This is a great opportunity for someone to work as part of an in-house IT team. There will be significant opportunities to become in involved in a wider variety of IT tasks and to significantly grow your knowledge and experience within a small and supportive team.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- You will provide effective and efficient IT Support for users and client IT.
- You will install, configure and maintain client computer hardware, operating systems and applications.
- You will troubleshoot problems, diagnose and solve / repair hardware or software faults.
- You will liaise with suppliers and 3rd party support companies.
- You will provide 1st / 2nd line end user technical support.
- You will create and deliver end user training.
- You will proprieties, manage and monitor your own workload.
- You will be involved in a variety of ad hoc duties and project work.
- You will have a good understanding of general computer hardware, including PC, laptops, printers and tablets.
- You will have a good understanding of Microsoft Windows client OS, Microsoft Office and general applications.
- You will have previous experience of providing end user IT support.
- You will be a logical thinker with good prioritisation, analytical and problem-solving skills
- You will be a confident communicator and have exceptional customer service skills.
- You may understand network technology and infrastructure, network cabling.
- You may understand Linux, Microsoft Server, Active Directory, Office 365 administration, DHCP, DNS.
- You may have experience of providing IT support in a regulated environment such as ITIL or ISO27001.
- You may have experience of working with scientific/pharmaceutical IT systems.
- You may have experience of managing and maintaining VoIP telephony.
- You may have knowledge of, or experience of using a scripting language such as PowerShell.
In return you will receive an excellent compensation and benefits package, including a salary of circa £22k (candidates with more extensive experience will be remunerated accordingly) and pension scheme. All our benefits are tailored to enhancing your experience at Sygnature as it is important to us that you share our success. We also recognise that our environment is paramount, so we foster a collaborative and supportive culture with plenty of opportunities to grow and develop, tailored to individual and business needs.
If you are interested in joining a successful, engaged and award-winning company that places its people at the heart of its business, please apply through the link below including the following;
- Covering letter (briefly outlining your suitability for the role)
- Confirmation of your status of eligibility to work in the UK
You will submit your application through our trusted partners, LogicMelon. Please be assured that only employees of Sygnature Discovery will review your application and personal data.
If you have any questions, please contact the Careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not submit your application to this email address.