IT Support Technician
IT Support Technician
Sygnature Discovery are recruiting for an IT Support Technician to join their current IT team of four. This is a great opportunity for someone to significantly grow their knowledge and experience within a small and supportive in-house IT team, to provide effective and efficient IT support for both users and client IT hardware.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Installing, configuring and maintaining client computer hardware, operating systems and applications
- Responding to security alerts/ notifications and contributing to the overall system and data security process
- Trouble shooting problems, diagnosing and solving / repairing hardware or software faults
- Liaising with suppliers and 3rd party support companies
- Providing end-user technical support
- Creating and delivering end-user technical training
- Prioritising, managing and monitoring your own workload
- You will provide effective and efficient IT Support for users and client IT
There will also be the opportunity to assist the Head of IT and the IT systems Administrator in their work managing and maintaining the wider IT network and server infrastructure.
- A good understanding of general computer hardware, including PC, laptops, printers and tablets
- A good understanding of Microsoft Windows client OS, Microsoft Office and general applications
- Previous experience of providing end user IT support
- A logical thinker with good prioritisation, analytical and problem-solving skills
- A confident communicator and have exceptional customer service skills
- A basic understanding of IT and data security best practices
- A basic understanding of network infrastructure and IPv4, DHCP
- A good understanding of network technology and infrastructure, network cabling
- A good understanding of Linux, Microsoft Server, Active Directory, Office 365 administration, DHCP, DNS
- Experience of providing IT support in a regulated environment such as ITIL or ISO27001
- Previous experience of working with scientific / pharmaceutical IT systems
- Experience of managing and maintaining VoIP telephony
- You may have knowledge of, or experience of using a scripting language such as PowerShell
All our benefits are tailored to enhancing your experience at Sygnature as it is important to us that you share in our success. You will receive an excellent training and benefits package, including a highly competitive salary which is reviewed annually, a bonus scheme, a well-regarded pension scheme, and private medical insurance. We also recognise that the environment you work in is a priority, so we have built a supportive culture in a company that values its employees and supports them to achieve to the best of their potential.
Sygnature Discovery is a highly respected, successful, and award-winning provider of fully integrated drug discovery research programmes to the global pharmaceutical industry. Founded in 2004 with a workforce of six, we now employ over 400 scientists, mainly operating from our purpose-built facilities in BioCity, Nottingham. We also have operations at Alderley Park, Cheshire. We undertake hit identification, hit-to-lead and lead optimisation projects and complete drug discovery programmes. For further details please visit www.sygnaturediscovery.com.
If you are interested in joining a successful and engaged company that places its people at the heart of its business, please apply through the link including the following;
- Your CV,
- a covering letter that briefly outlines your suitability for the role and your current notice period (if applicable), and
- confirmation of your status of eligibility to work in the UK (we are able to consider sponsoring potential employees with relevant levels of qualifications and experience under a Tier 2 visa).
Your application will be submitted through our trusted partners, LogicMelon, although only employees of Sygnature Discovery will review your application and personal data.
We will be interviewing on an ongoing basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
If you have any questions or need further information, please contact the Careers team at email@example.com. Please do not submit your application to this email address.