Instrumentation Technician (Nottingham)
To support our continued growth, we are looking for an Instrumentation Technician. This is a newly created role and is essential in supporting the Chemistry department by maintaining and monitoring the performance of analytical equipment. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with a keen hands-on approach and an interest in analytical technology.
As an Instrumentation Technician you will be involved in the routine maintenance of analytical equipment under the supervision of our senior scientists. This will involve liaising with both internal scientists and external engineers. Routine tasks and daily performance checks are key to this role, and you will be required to perform monthly preventive maintenance on hardware, alongside resolving routine technical issues. An extensive training programme will be delivered as part of the role.
- A minimum of 2 A-levels, ideally in addition to relevant work experience (e.g. maintenance of laboratory equipment), and/ or a science graduate with an interest in a maintenance role
- A keen eye for detail and a proactive approach to work
- The ability to multitask and prioritise workloads where appropriate
- An interest in how instrumentation works
- The ability to adopt a methodical approach to resolve instrumentation problems
- Good IT literacy skills and an interest and willingness to learn multiple software packages
- Strong communication skills
- Work to high Health and Safety standards
In return you will receive an excellent training and benefits package, including a highly competitive salary which is reviewed annually, a bonus scheme, a well-regarded pension scheme, and private medical insurance. All our benefits are tailored to enhancing your experience at Sygnature as it is important to us that you share in our success.
We also recognise that the environment you work in is a priority, so we have built a collaborative and supportive culture with plenty of opportunities to grow and succeed, tailored to individual and business needs. This includes an excellent set of bespoke training and development courses to accelerate both your scientific and personal career growth.
Sygnature Discovery is a highly respected, successful and award-winning provider of fully integrated drug discovery research programmes to the global pharmaceutical industry. Founded in 2004 with a workforce of six, we now employ over 400 scientists, operating from our purpose-built facilities in BioCity, Nottingham and Alderley Park, Cheshire. As part of our success and continued expansion, we are looking for innovative and enthusiastic In-vivo scientists to join the organisation.
If you are interested in joining a successful and engaged company that places its people at the heart of its business, please apply through the following link including;
1) Your CV,
2) a covering letter that briefly outlines your suitability for the role and your current notice period (if applicable)
3) confirmation of your status of eligibility to work in the UK (we are able to consider sponsoring potential employees with relevant levels of qualifications and experience under a Skilled Worker)
Your application will be submitted through our trusted partners, LogicMelon, although only employees of Sygnature Discovery will review your application and personal data.
We will be interviewing on an ongoing basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
If you have any questions or need further information, please contact the Careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not submit your application to this email address.