In-vivo Senior Scientist (Receptor Binding) – Nottingham
Sygnature Discovery is a leading independent integrated drug discovery and non-clinical services company. The In Vivo Pharmacology (IVP) team at Sygnature Discovery play an essential role in supporting and leading integrated client projects as well as delivering specialist assays to complement In Vivo studies.
About the role
We are looking for innovative and talented scientist to join the Receptor Binding Team in In Vivo Pharmacology at Sygnature Discovery and take a lead role in the delivery of our ever-growing client project portfolio.
As a scientist you will join a dynamic department actively discovering new drugs for a broad range of projects, targets and therapeutic indications. You will be responsible for assay development in the receptor binding group, both in vitro and ex vivo, assay implementation for screening and delivering high quality data supporting projects and assets across the portfolio in the therapeutic areas such as metabolic and CNS.
- Ideally you will have a PhD in pharmacology, biochemistry or a related discipline
- A drug discovery background gained through experience in a pharmaceutical company or a CRO would be advantageous.
- Capable of developing new techniques and methodologies.
- You will be able to independently design, implement and conduct preclinical experiments to investigate mechanism of action of drugs.
- You will provide scientific and/or technical guidance and input to assistant researcher and junior scientists.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a larger team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to present complex scientific ideas and datasets to key stakeholders
This is a permanent position and offering an excellent training and benefits package, including a highly competitive salary which is reviewed annually, a bonus scheme, a well-regarded pension scheme, and private medical insurance. All our benefits are tailored to enhancing your experience at Sygnature as it is important to us that you share in our success.
We also recognise that the environment you work in is a priority, so we have built a collaborative and supportive culture with plenty of opportunities to grow and succeed, tailored to individual and business needs. This includes an excellent set of bespoke training and development courses to accelerate both your scientific and personal career growth.
If you are interested in joining a successful and engaged company that places its people at the heart of its business, please apply through the link including the following:
1) Your CV,
2) a covering letter that briefly outlines your suitability for the role and your current notice period (if applicable), and
3) confirmation of your status of eligibility to work in the UK (we are able to consider sponsoring potential employees with relevant levels of qualifications and experience under a Skilled Worker visa).
Your application will be submitted through our trusted partners, LogicMelon, although only employees of Sygnature Discovery will review your application and personal data.
We will be interviewing on an ongoing basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible.
If you have any questions or need further information, please contact the Careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not submit your application to this email address.