In vitro DMPK Senior/Principal Scientist – Alderley Park
This growing department is looking for a talented DMPK Senior/Principal Scientist to support the in vitro DMPK team.
You will join a dynamic department actively discovering new drugs for a broad range of projects, molecular targets and therapeutic indications.
- To plan and execute in vitro DMPK studies to understand the absorption, metabolism, distribution, and excretion (ADME) of drug candidates e.g. hepatocyte stability, LogD7.4, plasma protein binding, Cytochrome P450 inhibition/induction, Caco-2 permeability.
- Be responsible for the analysis, interpretation, QC check and reporting of in vitro discovery DMPK data.
- Maintain accurate records of experimental data, generating reports as required.
- Involvement in assay development/continuous improvement as required.
- Support day-to-day running of the laboratory and work scheduling.
- Build strong, effective working relationships with the internal team and clients where applicable.
- Line management of in vitro team members.
- BSc., MSc. and/or PhD. in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology or related disciplines with 4+ years laboratory-based experience of in vitro DMPK assays, preferably gained in a CRO or commercial environment.
- Experience of quantitative LC-MS/MS techniques as well as basic troubleshooting.
- Strategic awareness and understanding and application of the critical role of ADME within research projects.
- Flexible approach to work, able to deal with changing priorities and deadlines.
- Training and mentoring of junior team members.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Liquid handling/robotics experience would be desirable.
In return you will receive an excellent training and benefits package, including a highly competitive salary which is reviewed annually, a bonus scheme, a well-regarded pension scheme, and private medical insurance. All our benefits are tailored to enhancing your experience at Sygnature as it is important to us that you share in our success.
We also recognise that the environment you work in is a priority, so we have built a collaborative and supportive culture with plenty of opportunities to grow and succeed, tailored to individual and business needs. This includes an excellent set of bespoke training and development courses to accelerate both your scientific and personal career growth.
Since 2011, 34 compounds discovered by Sygnature for customers have entered pre-clinical development. So far, 17 of these have progressed to clinical trials (Phases I, II and III). In 2017, Sygnature Discovery received the prestigious Queen’s Award for Enterprise for International Trade, in 2020 the Medilink Outstanding Achievement Award, and in 2021 the Bionow Company of the Year Award.
For more information, visit www.sygnaturediscovery.com/careers.
If you’re interested in joining a company that places people at the heart of its business, please apply through the link and include:
1) Your CV
2) A covering letter that briefly outlines your suitability for the role and your current notice period (if applicable)
3) Confirmation of your status of eligibility to work in the UK (we can consider sponsoring potential employees with relevant levels of qualifications and experience under a Skilled Worker visa).
Your application will be submitted through our trusted partners, LogicMelon, but only employees of Sygnature Discovery will review your application and personal data.
We will be interviewing on an ongoing basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
If you have any questions or need further information, please contact the Careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not submit your application to this email address.