HR Manager – Nottingham
Sygnature Discovery is a highly respected, successful, and award-winning provider of fully integrated drug discovery research programmes to the global pharmaceutical industry. Founded in 2004 with a workforce of six, we now employee over 350 scientists, mainly operating from our purpose-built facilities in BioCity, Nottingham, but also at Alderley Park, Cheshire. For further details about us please visit www.sygnaturediscovery.com
About the role
HR is rightly seen as key player in Sygnature’s continuing success story and plays a full business partner role across the organisation. As we continue to grow through both organic growth and acquisition, we are looking for an experienced HR professional to join the existing successful HR team in helping deliver high quality core people processes for the business.
As one of our HR Managers, you will enjoy a varied role, and a wide range of interactions across all parts of the business on a daily basis. You will initially be responsible for a maternity cover for one of our existing HR Managers, but the intention is for the role to also move towards supporting our scientific departments at our Alderley Park site in Cheshire as our presence there grows, alongside supporting our future acquisition and integration plans.
Reporting to the Director of HR, you will play a key role in delivering the HR Business Plan. Working closely with the other members of the HR Management team, you will support the development and delivery of excellent service standards across all aspects of the HR function.
Principal responsibilities will include:
- Line management responsibilities for an HR Assistant and/or Coordinator
- Recruitment and on-boarding
- Talent attraction and management
- Terms and conditions of employment.
- Monitoring HR policies and processes and recommending changes where necessary.
- Keeping fully abreast of legislative developments/key issues e.g. GDPR, right to work changes, flexible working, etc. and advising on their impact
- Monitoring and managing HR data
- Overseeing and supporting our appraisals process
- Supporting Training and Development activities for HR team members
- Maintaining effective and supportive relationships throughout the business
- Providing input and advice on a range of employee relations matters, including employee engagement and social media
- Provide significant input to the HR Business Plan and associated metrics
To succeed in the role, you will have the following capabilities:
- Previous HR management and generalist experience in a high-performing HR culture
- Practical knowledge and experience of UK Employment Law and regulations
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Full CIPD Level 7 (or equivalent) qualification
- Effective communication and relationship management skills
- Strong organisational skills alongside excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Highly computer literate, e.g. Microsoft Office and HR information Systems
- Credible and confident in providing HR support and advice to colleagues at all levels
- Flexible approach to work, with the ability to adapt as necessary.
- Candidates must be eligible to reside and work in the UK
This is a permanent position and offering an excellent training and benefits package, including a highly competitive salary which is reviewed annually, a bonus scheme, a well-regarded pension scheme, and private medical insurance. All our benefits are tailored to enhancing your experience at Sygnature as it is important to us that you share in our success.
We also recognise that the environment you work in is a priority, so we have built a collaborative and supportive culture with plenty of opportunities to grow and succeed, tailored to individual and business needs. This includes an excellent set of bespoke training and development courses to accelerate both your personal and career growth.
If you are interested in joining a successful and engaged company that places its people at the heart of its business, please apply through the link below including the following:
1) Your CV,
2) a covering letter that briefly outlines your suitability for the role and your current notice period (if applicable), and
3) confirmation of your status of eligibility to work in the UK (we are able to consider sponsoring potential employees with relevant levels of qualifications and experience under a Tier 2 visa).
Your application will be submitted through our trusted partners, LogicMelon, although only employees of Sygnature Discovery will review your application and personal data.
We will be interviewing on an ongoing basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible. Initial discussions will be conducted online with final interviews held in our Covid secure offices at BioCity, Nottingham.
If you have any questions or need further information, please contact the Careers team at email@example.com. Please do not submit your application to this email address.
We look forward to hearing from you.