Financial Accountant – Nottingham
Sygnature Discovery is a highly respected, successful, and award-winning provider of fully integrated drug discovery research programmes to the global pharmaceutical industry. Founded in 2004, we now employee over 500 people, operating from our purpose-built facilities in BioCity, Nottingham, and Alderley Park, Cheshire. For further details about us please visit www.sygnaturediscovery.com.
About the role
We are recruiting a Financial Accountant to join our rapidly growing Finance team. This is a newly created role in response to continued business growth; both organic and via acquisitions. The position reports into the Group Head of Finance and presents a great opportunity for a technical financial accountant to develop their skills within a successful team and business. This role would be ideal for someone with an audit/practice background looking to make their first move into industry.
Principal responsibilities will include:
- Producing monthly consolidated group accounts
- Production of monthly board financial pack, including key financial KPIs
- Preparation of weekly rolling cashflow forecast including development of new process and presentation
- Production and review of monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Leading on the annual statutory accounting and audit process, including preparation of the stat accounts
- Leading on all aspects of financial accounting, including acquisition accounting and other equity transactions
- Assist in preparation of the annual budget
- Oversee tax affairs and manage relationship with external tax partners
- Input into new finance systems project
To succeed in the role, you will have the following skills & capabilities:
- Be fully a qualified chartered accountant (ACCA or ACA), ideally with 2-3 years PQE
- Knowledge of US GAAP / IFRS beneficial but not essential
- Strong Microsoft Excel capabilities
- Technically minded and up to date with accounting standards
- Confident and clear communicator
This is a permanent position and offering an excellent training and benefits package, including:
- Salary between £45,000 – £55,000, dependant on experience, which is reviewed annually
- A bonus scheme
- A well-regarded pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Hybrid working
All our benefits are tailored to enhancing your experience at Sygnature as it is important to us that you share in our success. We also recognise that the environment you work in is a priority, so we have built a collaborative and supportive culture with plenty of opportunities to grow and succeed, tailored to individual and business needs. This includes an excellent set of bespoke training and development courses to accelerate both your personal and career growth.
If you are interested in joining a successful and engaged company that places its people at the heart of its business, please apply through the link including the following:
1) Your CV,
2) confirmation of your status of eligibility to work in the UK.
Your application will be submitted through our trusted partners, LogicMelon, although only employees of Sygnature Discovery will review your application and personal data.
We will be interviewing on an ongoing basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible. Initial discussions will be conducted online with final interviews held in our offices in BioCity, Nottingham.
If you have any questions or need further information, please contact the Careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please do not submit your application to this email address.
We look forward to hearing from you.