Build your career in Drug Discovery
Sygnature Discovery are recruiting a Finance Assistant to join their current team of seven. This role reports directly to the Financial Controller but will largely be overseen by the Management Accountant. This is a progressive role which will provide exposure to the management accounts process and enable the right candidate to advance their knowledge and understanding of the production of management information. We envisage the person in this role to be an AAT studier at Level 3 or higher with the ambition to develop their career in management accounts.
- Responsibility for the Sales Ledger including:
- Raising and posting of customer invoices.
- Maintenance of customer contracts and invoicing schedule
- Liaising with Business Development & Contracts teams
- Managing the rechargeable costs sheets and invoicing process
- Credit control.
- Assisting the Management Accountant with month end:
- Accruals and prepayments
- Fixed Asset register and depreciation
- Timesheets and salaries journal production
- Foreign currency bank revaluations.
- Company cashflow reporting.
- Creation and posting of bank payments in the online banking platform and Sage Accounts software.
- Quarterly VAT return in conjunction with the Management Accountant.
- Assisting the Purchase Ledger team during busy periods / holiday & sickness cover.
- Ad-Hoc projects and duties as required of the department.
In return you will receive an excellent training and benefits package, including a highly competitive salary and pension scheme. All our benefits are tailored to enhancing your experience at Sygnature as it is important to us that you share our success. We also recognise that our environment is paramount, so we foster a collaborative and supportive culture with plenty of opportunities to grow and develop, tailored to individual and business needs.
We are an award-winning provider of fully integrated drug discovery research programmes to the global pharmaceutical industry. Our clients place great value on our highly flexible, transparent and collaborative business model. Our continuing growth has been supported by our move to the Discovery building in spring 2017. This is a purpose-built facility on the BioCity site in the heart of Nottingham, and as part of our success and continued expansion, we are looking for innovative and enthusiastic individuals to join the organisation.
If you are interested in joining a successful, engaged and award-winning company that places its people at the heart of its business, please apply online using the form in the left side-bar, including;
- Covering letter (briefly outlining your suitability for the role)
- Confirmation of your status of eligibility to work in the UK