Ex-vivo Senior Scientist (Translational Oncology) – Alderley Park
Ex-vivo Senior Scientists within the Translational Oncology Department at Sygnature Discovery play an essential role in supporting all ex-vivo aspects of drug discovery projects using a wide range of specialist analysis platforms.
We are looking for a talented Senior Scientist to join this growing and dynamic department, actively supporting the discovery of new drugs using a range of ex-vivo techniques, to help build the PK/PD/efficacy relationship for a broad range of projects and molecular targets, whilst also working across a wide range of therapeutic modalities.
- Life Science degree or equivalent (essential), PhD or equivalent (desirable).
- Proven track record of ex-vivo expertise gained within the CRO, pharmaceutical or biotechnology sector.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience of a broad range of techniques (cell culture, molecular biology, gene and protein analysis, flow cytometry, biomarkers) and their application to drug discovery.
- Ability to interpret and problem solve complex data sets.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to work flexibly and under pressure adapting to evolving project needs.
- Excellent team player with the ability to collaborate with internal and external cross-functional teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Keen eye for detail and concern for standards.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a larger team.
- Excellent record keeping skills.
- Individual should be self-motivated and enthusiastic.
In return you will receive an excellent training and benefits package, including a highly competitive salary which is reviewed annually, a bonus scheme, a well-regarded pension scheme, and private medical insurance. All our benefits are tailored to enhancing your experience at Sygnature as it is important to us that you share in our success.
We also recognise that the environment you work in is a priority, so we have built a collaborative and supportive culture with plenty of opportunities to grow and succeed, tailored to individual and business needs. This includes an excellent set of bespoke training and development courses to accelerate both your scientific and personal career growth.
Sygnature Discovery is a highly respected, successful and award-winning provider of fully integrated drug discovery research programmes to the global pharmaceutical industry. Founded in 2004 with a workforce of six, we now employ over 400 scientists, operating from our purpose-built facilities in BioCity, Nottingham and Alderley Park, Cheshire.
If you are interested in joining a successful company that places its people at the heart of its business, please apply through the link including the following;
1) Your CV,
2) a covering letter that briefly outlines your suitability for the role and your current notice period (if applicable)
3) confirmation of your status of eligibility to work in the UK (we are able to consider sponsoring potential employees with relevant levels of qualifications and experience under a Skilled Worker visa)
Your application will be submitted through our trusted partners, LogicMelon, although only employees of Sygnature Discovery will review your application and personal data.
We will be interviewing on an ongoing basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
If you have any questions or need further information, please contact the Careers team at email@example.com. Please do not submit your application to this email address.