In vitro DMPK Senior Scientist – Nottingham
This growing department is looking for a talented DMPK Senior Scientist to support the in vitro DMPK team.
You will join a dynamic department actively discovering new drugs for a broad range of projects, molecular targets and therapeutic indications.
- You will design and execute discovery studies to understand the pharmacokinetics (PK) and absorption, metabolism, distribution, and excretion (ADME) of drug candidates
- Where appropriate, you will represent DMPK as the subject matter expert on Sygnature Discovery’s client project teams
- You will aid in the analysis, interpretation, integration and reporting of discovery DMPK data generated
- You will independently apply basic DMPK scientific principles, attend scientific meetings, and keep abreast of DMPK literature
- Where appropriate, you will mentor, train and assist junior level scientists with experimental design and troubleshooting
Experience / Requirements;
- Sc., M.Sc. and/or Ph.D. in pharmaceutical sciences, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related disciplines with knowledge of absorption, distribution, drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in performing and interpreting in vitro and in vivo DMPK studies in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry or CRO sector
- Proficient in operating and trouble-shooting HPLC-tandem mass spectrometers (LC-MS/MS)
- Experience in working with cross functional project teams to support drug discovery and/or pre-clinical development
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
In return you will receive an excellent training and benefits package, including a highly competitive salary which is reviewed annually, a bonus scheme, a well-regarded pension scheme, and private medical insurance. All our benefits are tailored to enhancing your experience at Sygnature as it is important to us that you share in our success.
We also recognise that the environment you work in is a priority, so we have built a collaborative and supportive culture with plenty of opportunities to grow and succeed, tailored to individual and business needs. This includes an excellent set of bespoke training and development courses to accelerate both your scientific and personal career growth.
Since 2011, 34 compounds discovered by Sygnature for customers have entered pre-clinical development. So far, 17 of these have progressed to clinical trials (Phases I, II and III). In 2017, Sygnature Discovery received the prestigious Queen’s Award for Enterprise for International Trade, in 2020 the Medilink Outstanding Achievement Award, and in 2021 the Bionow Company of the Year Award.
If you’re interested in joining a company that places people at the heart of its business, please apply through the link and include:
- Your CV
- A covering letter that briefly outlines your suitability for the role and your current notice period (if applicable)
- Confirmation of your status of eligibility to work in the UK (we can consider sponsoring potential employees with relevant levels of qualifications and experience under a Skilled Worker visa).
Your application will be submitted through our trusted partners, LogicMelon, but only employees of Sygnature Discovery will review your application and personal data.
We will be interviewing on an ongoing basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
If you have any questions or need further information, please contact the Careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not submit your application to this email address.