A fantastic development opportunity in commercial contracts and their application to business.
Sygnature Discovery is an award-winning provider of fully integrated drug discovery research programmes to the global pharmaceutical industry. We work in all stages of drug discovery, from hit identification, hit-to-lead and lead optimisation projects as well as actively engaging in complete and multi-disciplinary drug discovery programmes.
To support our continuing growth, we are recruiting for the newly created post of Contracts Officer as part of our Business Development team. This is a great opportunity for someone with some experience within the field to join a small but expanding team. Reporting to and working closely with our Head of Commercial Contracts, the role holder will be introduced to a broad range of contract activities that the team provides to the wider company. This will aid the development of a good understanding of the industry and the importance of contractual arrangements for business success.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- You will provide administrative contractual support to the Head of Commercial Contracts and Business Development team for the Sygnature group of companies. This will include creating (using standard contract templates), reviewing and negotiating documents such as Confidentiality Agreements, Master Service Agreements and associated Work Orders, and Letters of Variation for clients, suppliers and partners.
- You will track the progress of commercial contract negotiation and execution and chase any that are outstanding.
- You will maintain accurate and up-to-date computer records ensuring that information and documentation are easily accessible.
- You will administer and manage contract storage and retrieval, creating and maintaining a database of renewal dates and a list of current agreements.
- You will support key stakeholders across the company by providing accurate and timely information.
- You will liaise with the Finance team to support and ensure an accurate billing process.
- You will monitor and report on contract performance and life-cycle.
- You will assist the Head of Commercial Contracts in the production of monthly reports including performance stats and board packs.
- You will assist the Head of Commercial Contracts with any ad-hoc activities and duties to support internal projects.
- You will manage written, telephone and electronic communications efficiently and professionally.
- You will have some experience in commercial contracts and their application to business.
- You will be educated to degree level or equivalent.
- You will be proficient in MS packages such as MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- You will possess strong organisational skills and the ability to work in a fast-moving high-pressure environment.
- You will have excellent attention to detail and be able to see work through from start to finish.
- You will have strong communication skills (both written and oral) combined with good grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- You will be able to communicate with senior managers and external clients in a confident and professional manner.
- You will be enthusiastic and self-motivated, with the ability to manage your own workload.
In return you will receive an excellent compensation and benefits package, including a salary of circa. £30k (candidates with more extensive experience will be remunerated accordingly) and pension scheme. And whilst there will be a structured internal training plan, we will also provide relevant external training, which will be fully funded by the company. All our benefits are tailored to enhancing your experience at Sygnature as it is important to us that you share our success. We also recognise that our environment is paramount, so we foster a collaborative and supportive culture with plenty of opportunities to grow and develop, tailored to individual and business needs.
If you are interested in joining a successful, engaged and award-winning company that places its people at the heart of its business, please apply online using the form in the left side-bar, including;
- Covering letter (briefly outlining your suitability for the role) – your application will not be considered without this
- Confirmation of your status of eligibility to work in the UK