CNS Pharmacology Project Leader – Nottingham
Project Leader to Growing In Vivo Pharmacology Group at Sygnature Discovery.
Sygnature Discovery is seeking an experienced CNS pharmacologist to lead our In Vivo Pharmacology CNS Team. Based at our facility at BioCity, Nottingham, the In Vivo Pharmacology group currently consists of over 40 highly trained staff. The group delivers high quality pharmacology studies in the areas of CNS, Metabolic (obesity, diabetes), Fibrosis (NASH, CKD, DKD), Renal Pharmacology, and DMPK. We are specifically looking for an experienced Scientist who can lead and collaborate in an energetic and entrepreneurial organization, and who is ready to set ambitious high standards for the output of the team.
Sygnature Discovery is a rapidly growing Contract Research Organisation (CRO). We have a track record for delivering high quality data to a growing number of clients working in the drug discovery space from early target discovery efforts to IND enabling studies. In the In Vivo Pharmacology Group our workdays can be quite dynamic with rapid changes, which means flexibility and supporting and assisting team members is essential.
About the role
Your tasks as a Project Leader will be varied and will mainly be split between customer support in planning and reporting of studies, building capabilities and managing daily operational work related to the conduction of in vivo studies. The tasks include:
- Develop, Design and report in vivo pharmacology studies for CRO clients
- Lead and develop a technical team of laboratory and animal technicians and junior scientists
- Deliver high quality data and supporting documentation
- Optimise and develop the portfolio of in vivo models in the CNS area
- A PhD degree plus experience equivalent to 5 years in industry
- Documented scientific experience within the CNS area in the form of publications, talks, lectures
- Experience with animal models of neurological and psychiatric disorders
- Experience with technologies such as surgery, behaviour, neurochemistry etc.
- Strong analytical and logistical skills
- Great collaborative skills and the ability to take action and execute tasks
- You are organised and pro-active
- Open, honest, flexible
- You know how to work with others and share your knowledge
- You are fluent in both spoken and written English
This is a permanent position and offers an excellent training and benefits package, including a highly competitive salary which is reviewed annually, a bonus scheme, a well-regarded pension scheme, and private medical insurance. All our benefits are tailored to enhancing your experience at Sygnature as it is important to us that you share in our success.
We also recognise that the environment you work in is a priority, so we have built a collaborative and supportive culture with plenty of opportunities to grow and succeed, tailored to individual and business needs. This includes an excellent set of bespoke training and development courses to accelerate both your scientific and personal career growth.
If you are interested in joining a successful and engaged company that places its people at the heart of its business, please apply through the link including the following:
1) Your CV,
2) a covering letter that briefly outlines your suitability for the role and your current notice period (if applicable), and
3) confirmation of your status of eligibility to work in the UK (we are able to consider sponsoring potential employees with relevant levels of qualifications and experience under a Skilled Worker visa).
Your application will be submitted through our trusted partners, LogicMelon, although only employees of Sygnature Discovery will review your application and personal data.
We will be interviewing on an ongoing basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible.
If you have any questions or need further information, please contact the Careers team at email@example.com. Please do not submit your application to this email address.