Biomarker Lead – Nottingham
Sygnature Discovery is a leading independent integrated drug discovery and non-clinical services company. The In Vivo Pharmacology (IVP) team at Sygnature Discovery play an essential role in supporting and leading integrated client projects as well as delivering specialist assays to complement In Vivo studies.
About the role
We are looking for innovative and talented translational scientist to join the In Vivo Pharmacology team at Sygnature Discovery and take a lead role in the delivery of our ever-growing client project portfolio. Job specification will depend on your current skills and experience.
As a biomarkers lead / translational scientist you will join a dynamic department actively discovering new drugs for a broad range of projects, molecular targets and therapeutic indications. You will be responsible for delivering high quality data supporting projects and assets across the portfolio in the therapeutic areas such as inflammation, fibrosis, metabolic and CNS.
- Ideally you will have a PhD in pharmacology, biochemistry or a related discipline.
- You will have a strong drug discovery background gained through several years’ experience in a pharmaceutical company or a CRO.
- You will be able to propose relevant methodologies to answer those key questions and identify and/or develops methods accordingly (internally or at CROs).
- You will be capable of developing new techniques and methodologies.
- You will be able to independently design, implement and conduct preclinical experiments to investigate mechanism of action of drugs.
- You will provide scientific and/or technical guidance and input to assistant researcher and junior scientists.
- You will be able to work independently and as part of a larger team.
- You will possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to present complex scientific ideas and datasets to key stakeholders.
In return, you’ll receive an excellent training and remuneration package including a competitive salary that’s reviewed annually, a bonus scheme, a well-regarded pension scheme, death in service benefit, private medical insurance (with cashback for dental and optical care), and a confidential Employee Assistance Programme. Our benefits are tailored to enhancing your experience at Sygnature – we want you to share in our success.
We also recognise that the environment you work in is a priority, so we have built a collaborative and supportive culture with plenty of opportunities to grow and succeed, tailored to individual and business needs. This includes an excellent set of bespoke training and development courses to accelerate both your scientific and personal career growth.
Sygnature Discovery is a highly respected, successful, and award-winning provider of fully integrated drug discovery research programmes to the global pharmaceutical industry. Founded in 2004 with a workforce of six, we now employee over 300 scientists, mainly operating from our purpose-built facilities in BioCity, Nottingham, but also at Alderley Park, Cheshire. As part of our success and continued expansion, we are looking for innovative and enthusiastic chemists to join the organisation.
If you are interested in joining a successful and engaged company that places its people at the heart of its business, please apply through the link including the following:
- Your CV,
- a covering letter that briefly outlines your suitability for the role and your current notice period (if applicable), and
- confirmation of your status of eligibility to work in the UK (we are able to consider sponsoring potential employees with relevant levels of qualifications and experience under a Skilled Worker Visa).
Your application will be submitted through our trusted partners, LogicMelon, although only employees of Sygnature Discovery will review your application and personal data.
We will be interviewing on an ongoing basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
If you have any questions or need further information, please contact the Careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not submit your application to this email address.