Associate Scientist: Sample management and DMPK laboratory support – Alderley Park
This growing department is looking for an Associate Scientist to support the in vitro DMPK team.
You will join a dynamic department actively discovering new drugs for a broad range of projects, molecular targets and therapeutic indications.
- Use of databases for logging and tracking of samples
- Effective communication with laboratory-based scientists and client management team
- Organisation and purchasing of laboratory consumables and specialised reagents for scientific research
- Maintenance and recording of stocks of specialised scientific reagents
- Responsible for general laboratory duties such as calibration of equipment
- To undertake any other duties as may become necessary, and as may reasonable be expected
- Previous sample management experience would be an advantage
- A level (or equivalent) in a science subject.
- Computer literate and proficient in using Microsoft excel
- Basic understanding of scientific terminology
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to work independently to assist with the efficient operation of a DMPK laboratory
- Experience in working to deadlines
In return you will receive an excellent training and benefits package, including a competitive salary which is reviewed annually, a bonus scheme, a well-regarded pension scheme, and private medical insurance. All our benefits are tailored to enhancing your experience at Sygnature as it is important to us that you share in our success.
We also recognise that the environment you work in is a priority, so we have built a collaborative and supportive culture with plenty of opportunities to grow and succeed, tailored to individual and business needs. This includes an excellent set of bespoke training and development courses to accelerate both your scientific and personal career growth.
Since 2011, 34 compounds discovered by Sygnature for customers have entered pre-clinical development. So far, 17 of these have progressed to clinical trials (Phases I, II and III). In 2017, Sygnature Discovery received the prestigious Queen’s Award for Enterprise for International Trade, in 2020 the Medilink Outstanding Achievement Award, and in 2021 the Bionow Company of the Year Award.
For more information, visit www.sygnaturediscovery.com/careers.
If you’re interested in joining a company that places people at the heart of its business, please apply through the link and include:
- Your CV
- A covering letter that briefly outlines your suitability for the role and your current notice period (if applicable)
- Confirmation of your status of eligibility to work in the UK.
Your application will be submitted through our trusted partners, LogicMelon, but only employees of Sygnature Discovery will review your application and personal data.
We will be interviewing on an ongoing basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
If you have any questions or need further information, please contact the Careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not submit your application to this email address.