Associate Director – Medicinal Chemistry
(Drug Discovery Programmes)
Senior medicinal chemists play a key role at Sygnature Discovery with Associate Directors providing senior oversight to our multi-disciplinary drug discovery project teams. We are looking for highly experienced medicinal chemistry leaders to join Sygnature at the Associate Director level to provide project direction and guidance as part of the department’s leadership team.
- You will have a PhD in Organic Chemistry or Medicinal Chemistry and will be able to provide senior input into both areas of expertise.
- You will have a broad background of leading drug discovery projects gained within a pharmaceutical company or a CRO, with at least significant industry drug discovery experience.
- You will have extensive interdisciplinary knowledge of drug discovery.
- You will be able to successfully collaborate with cross-functional partners (Bioscience, DMPK, Computational Chemistry, in vivo) to define strategies for drug discovery programmes from HTS lead generation to hit-to-lead and/or lead optimization phases.
- You will be able to provide mentorship and proactively support the professional development of line reports and colleagues.
- You will possess excellent interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills.
- You will be highly motivated and flexible with ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
In return you will receive an excellent training and benefits package, including a highly competitive salary which is reviewed annually, a bonus scheme, a well-regarded pension scheme, and private medical insurance. All our benefits are tailored to enhancing your experience at Sygnature as it is important to us that you share in our success.
We also recognise that the environment you work in is a priority, so we have built a collaborative and supportive culture with plenty of opportunities to grow and succeed, tailored to individual and business needs. This includes an excellent set of bespoke training and development courses to accelerate both your scientific and personal career growth.
Sygnature Discovery is a highly respected, successful and award-winning provider of fully integrated drug discovery research programmes to the global pharmaceutical industry. Founded in 2004 with a workforce of six, we now employee over 300 scientists, mainly operating from our purpose-built facilities in BioCity, Nottingham, but also at Alderley Park, Cheshire. As part of our success and continued expansion, we are looking for innovative and enthusiastic chemistry leaders to join the organisation.
If you are interested in joining a successful and engaged company that places its people at the heart of its business, please apply through the link below including the following;
1) Your CV,
2) a covering letter that briefly outlines your suitability for the role and your current notice period (if applicable), and
3) confirmation of your status of eligibility to work in the UK (we are able to consider sponsoring potential employees with relevant levels of qualifications and experience under a Tier 2 visa).
Your application will be submitted through our trusted partners, LogicMelon, although only employees of Sygnature Discovery will review your application and personal data.
We will be interviewing on an ongoing basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
If you have any questions or need further information, please contact the Careers team at email@example.com. Please do not submit your application to this email address.