Associate Director – Medicinal Chemistry
(Drug Discovery Programmes)
Senior medicinal chemists play a key role at Sygnature Discovery with Associate Directors providing senior oversight to our multi-disciplinary drug discovery project teams. We are looking for highly experienced medicinal chemistry leaders to join Sygnature at the Associate Director level to provide project direction and guidance as part of the department’s leadership team.
- You will have a PhD in Organic Chemistry or Medicinal Chemistry and will be able to provide senior input into both areas of expertise.
- You will have a broad background of leading drug discovery projects gained within a pharmaceutical company or a CRO, with at least 15 years’ industry drug discovery experience.
- You will have extensive interdisciplinary knowledge of drug discovery.
- You will be able to successfully collaborate with cross-functional partners (Bioscience, DMPK, Computational Chemistry, in vivo) to define strategies for drug discovery programmes from HTS lead generation to hit-to-lead and/or lead optimization phases.
- You will be able to provide mentorship and proactively support the professional development of line reports and colleagues.
- You will possess excellent interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills.
- You will be highly motivated and flexible with ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
In return you will receive an excellent training and benefits package, including a highly competitive salary and pension scheme. All our benefits are tailored to enhancing your experience at Sygnature as it is important to us that you share our success. We also recognise that our environment is paramount, so we foster a collaborative and supportive culture with plenty of opportunities to grow and develop, tailored to individual and business needs.
We are an award-winning provider of fully integrated drug discovery research programmes to the global pharmaceutical industry. Our clients place great value on our highly flexible, transparent and collaborative business model. As part of our success and continued expansion, we are looking for innovative and enthusiastic senior medicinal chemists to join the organisation.
If you are interested in joining a successful, engaged and award-winning company that places its people at the heart of its business, please apply through the link below including the following;
- Covering letter (briefly outlining your suitability for the role)
- Confirmation of your status of eligibility to work in the UK (we have the ability to sponsor employees under a Tier 2 visa)
Your application will be submitted through our trusted partners, LogicMelon. Please be assured that only employees of Sygnature Discovery will review your application and personal data.
If you have any questions, please contact the Careers team at email@example.com. Please do not submit your application to this email address.