Bioscience Associate Director – Alderley Park
Bioscientists at Sygnature Discovery play an essential role in supporting integrated client projects as well as delivering specialist biophysical and cell imaging assays. We are recognised as a centre of excellence for in vitro bioscience and compound screening. As part of our continued growth, we are now seeking to recruit a high-calibre individual to lead the initiation and expansion of a new Bioscience facility at Alderley Park.
Reporting directly to the Director of Biosceicne, you will be qualified to PhD or equivalent, you will have significant senior commercial experience of a wide range of in vitro biology techniques supporting the delivery of biochemical and cellular assay work-streams in an integrated small molecule drug discovery environment.
A strategic understanding of best-in-class external drug discovery practice is also vital. Alongside this, you will have excellent section-leadership abilities and commercial awareness with a proven track record in successful performance management and employee development.
- Able to lead, manage and strategically grow the Bioscience department at Alderley Park
- Optimise integration with other Sygnature Departments (Translational Oncology, Chemistry and DMPK) both at Alderley Park and Nottingham
- Undertake high-level interactions with our clients and other stakeholders
- Section development and project resource allocation
- Quote generation, report finalisation and the presentation of findings
- Project design and strategic oversight
In return you will receive an excellent training and benefits package, including a highly competitive salary which is reviewed annually, a bonus scheme, a well-regarded pension scheme, and private medical insurance. All our benefits are tailored to enhancing your experience at Sygnature as it is important to us that you share in our success.
We also recognise that the environment you work in is a priority, so we have built a collaborative and supportive culture with plenty of opportunities to grow and succeed, tailored to individual and business needs. This includes an excellent set of bespoke training and development courses to accelerate both your scientific and personal career growth.
Sygnature Discovery is a highly respected, successful and award-winning provider of fully integrated drug discovery research programmes to the global pharmaceutical industry. Founded in 2004 with a workforce of six, we now employ over 300 scientists, mainly operating from our purpose-built facilities in BioCity, Nottingham, but also at Alderley Park, Cheshire. As part of our success and continued expansion, we are looking for innovative and enthusiastic bioscientists to join the organisation.
If you are interested in joining a successful and engaged company that places its people at the heart of its business, please apply through the link including the following;
1) Your CV,
2) a covering letter that briefly outlines your suitability for the role and your current notice period (if applicable)
3) confirmation of your status of eligibility to work in the UK (we are able to consider sponsoring potential employees with relevant levels of qualifications and experience under a Tier 2 visa)
Your application will be submitted through our trusted partners, LogicMelon, although only employees of Sygnature Discovery will review your application and personal data.
We will be interviewing on an ongoing basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
If you have any questions or need further information, please contact the Careers team at email@example.com. Please do not submit your application to this email address.