Assistant Management Accountant
Sygnature Discovery are recruiting an Assistant Management Accountant to become a part of their 11 person finance team. This role reports directly to the Management Accountant. This is a progressive role which will be integral to the management accounts process and enable the right candidate to advance their knowledge and understanding of the production of management information. We envisage the person in this role to be working towards their Chartership in the early to mid-stages of CIMA / ACCA. There is scope to provide financial study support to the successful candidate.
Principal responsibilities will include;
- Maintenance of the Fixed Asset Register, including adding new purchases, posting of monthly depreciation and write offs and reconciliation to the nominal ledger
- Maintenance of the accruals schedule; posting of general, GRN and other accruals
- Posting of ad-hoc journals; departmental revenue apportionment, grant releases and lease interest
- Maintenance of stock balances and posting of releases in line with usage
- Providing assistance to the Management Accountant across all aspects of the accounts production process
Regular and Ad-Hoc tasks will include but are not limited to;
- Responsibility for the timesheet system; salary journal postings, FTE project tracking
- Processing of quarterly VAT return, including detailed error reporting analysis
- Provision of cover to the sales ledger and prepayments
- Involvement in the processing of the monthly payroll for approximately 350 employees
- Complete and return Office for National Statistics (ONS) returns as they arrive
- Analysis projects as they arise, e.g. client profitability, EU VAT
- Assistance with year-end audit schedules
To succeed in the role, you will have the following capabilities;
- Proven analytical skills alongside a keen eye for detail
- Proficient with Microsoft office applications, particularly Excel
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple deadlines
- An effective communicator with strong teamworking skills
- Working towards Chartership (CIMA / ACCA)
- Exposure to month end schedules, e.g. assets and prepayments gained in a comparative role would be advantageous
- An ambitious self-starter, keen to learn and develop
All our benefits are tailored to enhancing your experience at Sygnature as it is important to us that you share in our success. You will receive an excellent training and benefits package, including a highly competitive salary which is reviewed annually, a bonus scheme, a well-regarded pension scheme, and private medical insurance. We also recognise that the environment you work in is a priority, so we have built a supportive culture in a company that values its employees and supports them to achieve to the best of their potential.
Sygnature Discovery is a highly respected, successful and award-winning provider of fully integrated drug discovery research programmes to the global pharmaceutical industry. Founded in 2004 with a workforce of six, we now employ over 400 scientists, mainly operating from our purpose-built facilities in BioCity, Nottingham. We also have operations at Alderley Park, Cheshire. We undertake hit identification, hit-to-lead and lead optimisation projects and complete drug discovery programmes. For further details please visit www.sygnaturediscovery.com.
If you are interested in joining a successful and engaged company that places its people at the heart of its business, please apply through the link including the following;
- Your CV,
- a covering letter that briefly outlines your suitability for the role and your current notice period (if applicable), and
- confirmation of your status of eligibility to work in the UK (we are able to consider sponsoring potential employees with relevant levels of qualifications and experience under a Tier 2 visa).
Your application will be submitted through our trusted partners, LogicMelon, although only employees of Sygnature Discovery will review your application and personal data.
We will be interviewing on an ongoing basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
If you have any questions or need further information, please contact the Careers team at email@example.com. Please do not submit your application to this email address.