Assistant Accountant – Nottingham
Sygnature Discovery is a highly respected, successful, and award-winning provider of fully integrated drug discovery research programmes to the global pharmaceutical industry. Founded in 2004, we now employee over 500 people, operating from our purpose-built facilities in BioCity, Nottingham, and Alderley Park, Cheshire. For further details about us please visit www.sygnaturediscovery.com.
About the role
We are recruiting an Assistant Accountant to join our rapidly growing Finance team, reporting directly to our Senior Management Accountant. This is a progressive role which will be integral to the management accounts process and enable the right candidate to advance their knowledge and understanding of the production of management information. We envisage the person in this role to be AAT qualified & looking to begin their studies towards ACCA/CIMA/ACCA Chartership. There is scope to provide financial study support to the successful candidate.
Principal responsibilities will include:
- Maintenance of departmental revenue order book including posting of accrued & deferred income and reconciliation to the ledger.
- Management of the stock balances and posting to ledgers in line with usage.
- Posting of ad-hoc journals; internal R&D capitalisation, revenue apportionments.
- Providing assistance to the Management Accountant across all aspects of the accounts production process.
Regular and Ad-Hoc tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Responsibility for the timesheet system; salary journal postings & apportionment of staff costs to projects.
- Assisting with production of the company payroll for over 500 employees.
- Provision of cover to the MA team.
- Reconciliation of monthly revenues between Finance & CRM system.
- Complete Office for National Statistics (ONS) returns as required.
- Assisting MA team with completion of VAT returns.
- Analysis projects as they arise.
- Assistance with production of year-end audit schedules.
To succeed in the role, you will have the following capabilities:
- Proven analytical skills alongside a keen eye for detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft office applications, particularly Excel.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple deadlines.
- An effective communicator with strong teamworking skills.
- Working towards Chartership (ACCA/CIMA/ACCA)
- Exposure to month end schedules, e.g. accrued and deferred income schedules gained in a comparative role would be advantageous.
- An ambitious self-starter, keen to learn and develop.
This is a permanent position and offering an excellent training and benefits package, including:
- Salary between £23,000 – £26,000, dependant on experience, which is reviewed annually
- A bonus scheme
- A well-regarded pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Hybrid working
All our benefits are tailored to enhancing your experience at Sygnature as it is important to us that you share in our success. We also recognise that the environment you work in is a priority, so we have built a collaborative and supportive culture with plenty of opportunities to grow and succeed, tailored to individual and business needs. This includes an excellent set of bespoke training and development courses to accelerate both your personal and career growth.
If you are interested in joining a successful and engaged company that places its people at the heart of its business, please apply through the link including the following:
1) Your CV,
2) confirmation of your status of eligibility to work in the UK.
Your application will be submitted through our trusted partners, LogicMelon, although only employees of Sygnature Discovery will review your application and personal data.
We will be interviewing on an ongoing basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible. Initial discussions will be conducted online with final interviews held in our offices in BioCity, Nottingham.
If you have any questions or need further information, please contact the Careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please do not submit your application to this email address.
We look forward to hearing from you.