Our medicinal chemistry department is one of the largest, most experienced and best equipped in the UK. Sygnature has an international team of pharmaceutical industry-experienced medicinal chemists (mainly PhD qualified bench scientists).
Our medicinal chemists have consistently created value for clients and delivered results which have accelerated drug discovery projects into pre-clinical development. FTE-based collaborations are regularly renewed and expanded amply demonstrating our clients’ confidence in our ability to deliver pivotal results.
Sygnature's pharmaceutical industry-experienced medicinal chemists possess extensive synthetic chemistry capabilities and expertise. These skills are used during medicinal chemistry-driven projects, array/library preparation, when making chemical building blocks, or synthesising literature compounds.
- Multi-stage synthesis of complex molecules
- Chiral synthesis, chiral resolutions and chiral HPLC (analytical and semi-preparative)
- Synthesis of pro-drugs
- Enzyme-mediated chemistry experience
- Synthesis of small peptides and peptide mimetics
- Parallel synthesis of lead-seeking arrays or focused libraries
- Microwave assisted synthesis
- Hydrogenation (metered delivery and large scale)
- Flow chemistry capability
- Ozonolysis capability
- Photochemistry capability
- Scale-up syntheses using 5l and 12l flange-head vessels (up to 0.5 kg) with heating or cooling from -20 to +165c
Medicinal Chemistry Posters available upon request